1. Being a new parent is so humbling! I found out that there’s a lot I don’t know and I DON’T have it all figured out (much to my dismay) but then again NO ONE does! Yet everything IS going to be ok because the Lord is helping me (and so is my mom and my husband…and also plenty of resources/other moms I can reach out to THANK GOD!)
2. The baby’s helping me fall more in love with my husband. Seeing how he cheered me on and encouraged me during the entire labor process and now seeing how willing and happy he is to attend to Sadie’s needs and my needs melts my heart and makes me swoon.
3. Lactation consultants and baby carriers are worth their weight in gold!
4. This first week made me SO aware of how much I don’t ask for help when I do need it. I feel like this is something God’s pinpointing for me to work on. A nurse at the hospital got a bit short with me because I was insisting on getting up myself when I was still in danger of passing out after giving birth…hahaha.
5. Postpartum hormones makes me cry a lot. I have to change the channel if I know there’s a sappy commercial coming on or scroll down if I see something sappy on FaceBook. The tears are waning though now that I’m a bit more rested, thank God!
6. I do need my mom. Though previously I was really nervous about her coming to help me with my postpartum rest, I’m so grateful she insisted on coming to help us. I don’t know what we’d do without her. Thank you mama!
7. I love Sadie soooo much that it makes me tear up just thinking those words. She’s so adorable! I love staring at her, waking up next to her in the morning and listening to her make her cute little baby noises.