Doing a Spring craft is such a fun way to celebrate this wonderful life-filled season. I don’t know about you but after a long dreary way-too-much-snow Minnesotan winter, I am pumped for Spring! WHOOHOOO!
So, here’s an easy Spring craft for your kids to have fun learning the Chinese characters for Spring (春天/chūntiān) and to welcome this wonderful season.
Materials for Spring Craft
- Cut up tissue paper or mini tissue squares. I used colors of the rainbow to make it more Springy (you can use old ones from Christmas gifts. Or, you can pop down to the dollar store like I did and get a set of rainbow colored tissue paper for $1)
- 2 pieces of contact paper or Glad Press’n’Seal cut to the same size. (Personally contact paper is much easier to handle from my experience. But if you don’t have any at home, Press’n’Seal works too.)
- Container for tissue paper (optional)
- My free printable large Chinese characters for Spring
- Painter’s tape or Washi tape (easy to remove from paper later on)
Instructions for Spring Craft
- Tape the printable Spring characters down with some painters tape
- Then tape down the contact paper on top of the printable
- Cut out some strips of construction paper and place around the outer edges of the contact paper if you want borders around yours. I used green.
- Set out cut up tissue paper and instruct the kiddos to place tissue paper only on the black area of the character. Younger kids may need more help with this. My three year old daughter needed some help with hers. My six year old student asked me to help her finish hers. It took us about 20 minutes to complete.
- After the characters have been covered by tissue paper, remove tape holding the contact paper in place, then stick another sheet of contact paper on top of it.
- Then tape onto your window and enjoy your beautiful Spring craft!
What About You?
What fun Spring crafts are you doing with your kiddos? Please share below! I’d love to hear from you.
Please tag me @spotofsunshinechinese if you do make this Spring craft. We would love to see them!
More Resources to Help You Have Fun Teaching Your Kids Chinese!
- Plan Your Best Year of Teaching Your Kids Chinese 計畫成功的一年
- 10+ Chinese Exercise Videos for Babies & Kids: Kids Yoga & Dance
- How Chinese Became Our Daughter’s Dominate Language at Age 2
- 7 Secrets to Chinese Retention: How I’m Still Fluent Despite Immigrating at 8
- 25+ Netflix Chinese Shows for Kids
- TOP 6 RESOURCES FOR DOING FAMILY DEVOTIONS IN CHINESE 家庭靈修資源
Don’t Do It Alone!
For more support from likeminded parents, please join us at Christian Parents Raising Bilingual Children in English & Chinese.
Other great FaceBook groups for parents raising bilingual kids:
Follow me on my FaceBook Page & my Instagram accounts where I share fun Chinese activities (@spotofsunshineChinese) we’re doing and encouragement for your heart rooted in Christ (@spotofsunshine).